Sunday, February 8, 2009

St Matthew vs Immaculate Conception



Some things seem to stay the same. St Matthew win another game and I have my damn cold back again. Seems my antibiotics didn't kill what I have. AS for the game, the Mustangs rode Patrick's hot shooting and Jared's excellent rebounding to a convincing 22-10 win that was not that close. They opened up a 22-2 lead and took most of their starters out for the 4th quarter. I was ready to slap the scorekeeper for IC. I was at the table and she kept saying "Hey! has #24 (Patrick) sat out a quarter yet? I said, he sat out a couple minutes in the 2nd quarter. She said he needs to sit out a whole quarter. I said no, everyone has to play a whole quarter minimum. There is no rule for sitting. Accept that your little Billy (or whatever the heck his name is) plays for a team that can't score.

St Matthew White ends the regular season 8-1 and we will find out who we play in the first playoff game on Wednesday. The Diocese splits the tourney into 3 brackets. All of the upper teams in one (us). The middle teams in another bracket and the lower teams in a 3rd. We should have a tough game right out of the gate.

No comments: